Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week 7 – Computer Forensics


There will be many ways in which verbcal is affected by computer forensics.  The first is through theft, although the app will be free on all smart phones it will be extremely important to protect all of my software that powers the app.  The way in which I will earn revenue from the app will be through advertisements on the top of the app screen (they will be in banner format across the top of the app and vendors will pay me money and thus gain advertisement when people use my app). 

When getting payment thru paypal, credit cards and checks it will be key to shred all documents that I print and make sure all account numbers are stored in a safe place.  Additionally it will be extremely important to have effective booking keeping in an excel document in which I can see my revenue and monitor all transactions to make sure I am not getting stiffed by my money.  Also I will have to pay my employees that work with me to create the app so I will have to make sure I have enough money through ads to pay them.  Since my computer hard drive holds all the data I will have to make sure that once I get new computers I ensure the old information is properly deleted (via the DOD law S220.22-M (Department of Defense) and that it gets disintegrate, incinerate, pulverize, shred or melt.

The last thing I can do that relates to my verbcal and computer forensics will be to defrag my computer drive to ensure that I don’t lose key documents and other important things (this will help me to ensure that my computer operates as fast as possible).  Computer security is key in every aspect of  most businesses and I will need to make sure I also protect the software that I use and hackers don’t access it because that could cause me serious problems in the future.


Blog Due Date: Monday, March 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment