Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 4 - Hardware Essentials

The technology discussed in this weeks lecture will really help with the voice recognition needed for the verbcal to be successful.  First off, the tests that google completed with voice recognition has really lead to the advancement of the way mobil devices recognize what the user is saying.  With so many different types of voices and accents out there it frequently becomes difficult to know what people are saying.  The three voice services google created: voice search, voice input and voice actions are all crucial to the way verbcal will operate.  Perhaps by reaching out to google and pitching my idea they will be willing to partner and launch it through their new developed software.

The biggest problem consumers will have will be inputting their events into the calendar because they will need to speak clear enough for the system to process what is being asked.  By implementing the latest voice recognition technology I can ensure user satisfaction and keep my customers satisfied.  Also, I could perhaps launch a disclaimer that allows the events that people input for the first two months of downloading into a database which analyzes voice tones and pitches in order to refine the technology.

By really pushing the idea of voice recognition and collecting samples within voice recognition verbcal will be more successful.  People frequently get easily frustrated when voice recognition technology does not work properly.  If the application becomes flawed or doesn't match up to what the consumer wants it is possible that consumers will no longer use it and my whole plan could fail.  It is key that I ensure a wide sample of voice recognition technology within my application before actually launching it.


Blog due date: February 21

1 comment:

  1. I like the overall idea. I would love to use this software to enhance my experience of scheduling meetings and dates.

    ReplyDelete